squeaky window

I have an 01' Outback wagon and my passenger side window is driving me nuts. It loudly squeaks all the way up and down. I have taken the door panel off and liberally hosed silicon spray into all parts of the window. I found some info on google, and just to state, I am no longer under warranty and this occurs when the window is clean or dirty. Another poster mentioned humidity, but since I live in Colorado, this is not an issue.

Has anyone else experienced and fixed this issue?

I am planning on buying some chassis grease, any hints on where to put it?

Reply to
Matt Fischer

I've had the same thing happen with my 2002 WRX. The pads were replaced under warranty on both the front doors and it still squeaks from time to time. The dealer told me it's due to dirt on the windows and I tend to agree that it happens more when the windows are dirty, but whose windows are clean 100% of the time? It's really just a poor design. I tend not to worry about it because functionally there is no problem. Just an annoying noise.

KLC

Reply to
karisalc

I have the same problem on the rear windows on my '03 Baja. I haven't bothered to take it in yet and probably won't since the functionality is still there.

Jay M USA

Reply to
jMon

ALL Subaru's are high performance RACE cars, you knew this when you purchased it. Since you drive it hard this will happen! Some of the owners drive them at 95Mph on freeway offramps! Since it's still running, don't worry about the windows squeaking, just turn the radio up louder (if it still works). This will also cover up the sound of the high performance wheel bearings grinding, the transmission slipping and any other running gear noises from distracting you while racing this beast of a automobile.

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

Perhaps your time would be better spent bothering the Ford newsgroups...

Reply to
Alan

Just a thought. Pull the door panel again, then reconnect window terminals, run the window full travel half a dozen times and see if you can find an exact source for the noise. I know it's not easy but your solution will depend on your cause - like if it's a noisy rotating part or glass binding in a channel. If nothing shows up, try running a toothbrush or thin stiff paintbrush down the inside of both channels with the window first lowered, then raised (willing partner or small child with slim wrists might help here!) in case there's a foreign object lodged. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Heh heh heh.

Reply to
pickle

Good Golly!!

What a whiner!! Get a life and do something for yourself.

If you get so worked up about something this minor, you must really go off the deep end over any serious problems!! Go take your medication....

BTW, in the time it took you to complain, you could have made an effort and fixed the problem yourself. And if that didn't work, then go to the dealer.

Go walk through a hospital's burn unit, a pediatric ICU, etc., and see how important is your damn squeak!

Reply to
Sniper

As you are obviously not aware, a squeaky power window is *not* a good thing. Squeaks are audible vibrations, indicative of weather seal sticking/catching on the glass while in motion. These vibrations can SHORTEN the usable life of a power window motor, and it's associated gearing, as the same resonant vibrations are transfered thru the vibrating glass into the same. Best to fix it asap before you have to shell out $200+ for a new power window motor assy in a Year or two.

Mike K. MSEE SAE (Ret.)

Reply to
Mike U