stock stereo specs?

Does anyone have any information on where i can find the specs for the stock stereo that is in my '03 baja? I've tried asking the local dealers, and nobody seem to know a thing about them. I've searched online as well, but haven't been able to turn up anything useful.

Basically, i want to know if it has any inputs to hook up external devices (such as an ipod).

Thanks.

Reply to
doverboy

The stock unit does not have any aux inputs. Very few OEM decks do. If you want this feature you will have to go aftermarket. With the stock setup your only option is an FM modulator which will not give the best sound quality, an aftermarket deck with direct inputs will work much better.

Reply to
mulder

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:40:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@x.files wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Both my Mazda and Subaru OEM decks have an aux input. The Subaru is quite handy, being on the front of the deck. The Mazda you have to plug into the rear of the radio.

You could try to find an OEM of the same size (DIN standard I think both of mine are) from a junker.

Given the trend towards custom OEM audio deck designs which are non-standard shapes these days, there should be an aux input available since I assume buying a new deck is either impossible or highly specialized.

Reply to
Juan Vado

There's quite a bit of info on the stock unit inputs, for all the various models thru the years, over on NASIOC.com, including photos, pin- outs, etc and ways to get Ipods, etc working with the OEM units.

Reply to
CompUser