Schematics or info on Toyo 07 5 cd radio?

I have an 07 toyo Sienna, with the 5 cd nice stereo in it.

I can't find ANY info on it's specs anywhere. Not at toyo, not in the manual nothing!

I want to know if the back of it has any rca inputs/outputs for an external amp or sub.

The sub with the toyo is really dinky and small and basically useless, unless you're a 70 year old fart who still thinks mono is just fine and listens to tapes of Laurence Welk while driving 45 miles p hour, in the fast lane, with the left turn blinker on.

Reply to
Mad As hell

As one of those guys who likes Laurence Welk's poka music and gets a LOT better gas mileage at 45 than 85 mph and who's left turn signal light is burnt out, I have some advice for you. Pull the radio out of the dash and LOOK AT THE BACK. That's assuming you know what an RCA jack looks like. Of course you might need someone to point out to you the proper screw removal tool and instruct you on which way to turn the screw.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Subs are usually monophonic except in live music venues, where they sometimes add more not for stereo separation, but for more bass, which tends to be relatively non-directional.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Toyo makes tires, not vehicles so you will have better luck contacting Toyota or going to Toyota's technical web site at

for $10/day. The wiring diagrams for your audio system should be there.

I can tell you for free that there are no RCA inputs/outputs for an external amplifier, if that is all you want to know.

Reply to
Ray O

What about a silly proprietary socket intended for the same purpose (external amp, etc)?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If the vehicle has an external amp, there will be a proprietary socket on the back of the radio to connect to it.

The OP hasn't identified the audio system in his vehicle other than "5 CD nice stereo." There are wiring kits available that make installation of an aftermarket amplifier easy as long as you know whether the installed system is JBL with or without navigation, rear seat entertainment system, non-JBL, etc.

With the right question and information, useful answers are available.

Reply to
Ray O