2000 GT Sedan stereo

What make/model is the stereo in my 2000 Legacy GT sedan? Is there an online manual for it somewhere?

Reply to
Jim85CJ

You can view the owner manual by signing up at

. I think most of the stereos around that year were Panasonic or Clarion made to Subaru specs. What do you need to know?

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
Jim85CJ

I know this is an older post, but if you're still seeking answers, here's a response:

The quick answer is no, and yes. Basically, you've got no auxillary input in either headphone or RCA jack style on that stereo. However, it does support a CD player/changer, and if you don't have one already installed there is a plug on the back, and that is *technically* an auxillary input.

Now for the speculation part: I have seen premade adapters on the 'net for the OEM stereos of various cars that trick the factory stereo into thinking that it's a CD player plugged in there and allow you to hook up some other external source. And with Subarus, they've used both Panasonic and Clarion made stereos in the past. Although I don't know specifically which one was in your model year, it stands to reason that you would be able to hook up an aftermarket Clarion or Panasonic CD changer if that was what you were planning to do.

Reply to
Hallraker

You can also do an FM modulated CD changer. I have used those before. They plug into the antenna port on the stereo with a pass-through connection for the antenna. Then you set the radio to a preset station like 89.1 to play the CDs through. It works ok.

Reply to
Henry Paul

I thought about mentioning that too, as well as the stand-alone modulators and the unsightly but effective cassette adapter. My brother has an FM-mod CD changer in his Mercury Sable, thanks to that ridiculous "football" radio that is integrated with the climate control. The sound isn't nearly as good as a hard wired CD changer, but it works. A friend of mine used a stand alone modulator but the output power must have been horrendous, because no matter were we placed the unit we always heard tons of static.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

My old jeep had so much road noise and rattles the quality didn't matter much. I could hear a pin drop in my Subaru. I'll bet I would notice a big difference now.

Reply to
Henry Paul