Studding tires

Can anyone tell me if you can insert the studs into a studdable tire (with or without a tool? I realize that the tire has to be new.

I'me thinking particularly of Nokian, probably Hakkapeliitta 2 or Nordman

  1. If a tool is required, is there a tool that can be purchased at the consumer level?

Thanks

Gerry

Reply to
gerry

The tire shops use a pneumatic "gun" to put 'em in. Pretty specialized, and hence pretty expensive I'd imagine. I've never seen or heard of anyone doing it as a DIY project. The shop charge to "stud" tires is usually around $10-$12 each; really pretty reasonable for the amount of work involved, plus the cost of the studs.

ByeBye! S.

Sears in Connecticut charged me $30 per tire to stud as they said they sub it out. We are getting rain here changing to snow, which could equal ice, so my wife will see how the tires are in the mopnring, john

Reply to
JohnC