Replacing factory CD Player, 05 Explorer

I'm taking out the factory CD player in my explorer. I've read that you have to pretty much pry off the piece of plastic surrounding all the controls but can't really find a good place to start it. Any tips on getting it off without breaking it!?! Thanks, Gavin

Reply to
gRip05

I had to pull the bezel off my '02 radio/CD player. I started with a PLASTIC putty knife (not metal) about midway down 1 side. Seemed to work OK - no dings. It will be easier if you have 3 or 4 of the putty knives so you can lock one spot open while you work on the next. They are cheap.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

If it has two small holes on each side of the radio bezel, you need a DIN Radio Removal Tool, which you insert one tool in each side of the unit, apply slight outward pressure (or is it inward pressure?) to the tool, and the radio will slide right out.

The DIN tool can be purchased for ~$5.00, or less, at most automotive and retail stores. Purchased mine at WalMart...

Good luck,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf