Subaru/Kenwood Navigation system - 2D/3D option

We got a new Outback around 2 months ago and I'm finally getting around to reading the manuals.

According to the manual, the Subaru/Kenwood DVD Navigation system should have an option to switch between 2D and 3D, but the option is not where it is supposed to be in the menu. Does anyone know anything about this?

Gert

Reply to
Gerty

"2D" and "3D" is done by the software. "2D" is for when you have only 1 or 2 satellites locked in, "3D" occurs when you have 3 or more (up to 12 at a time). IF your system doesnt have a "3D" indicator you can tell other ways. If you can see an "Altitude" indication you are in "3D". There is not mechanical or otherwise user selectable switch for 2/3D indications.

Rasty

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

As far I as I remember, on my system (see my other posts) the 2D/3D option always is available. I have selected 3D (or birdview) for the main window and it remains active wherever I drive (tunnel). Thus it does not seem to be dependant on satellite reception. To me it is more a geometric translation from rectangle to trapeze done by software over the database to provide a different of details.

Z.

Reply to
Zelidar