Arm rest too hard

I have a 2002 OBS (great car) that has the arm rest option. I believe the arm rest lid is too hard as it is somewhat painful to rest my elbow on. I am 6'4" and my elbow rests heavily on it while I steer with my right arm.

Does anyone have a simple solution to permanently cushion the lid. The key here is permanently not temporarily.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Reply to
Tommo

Get it reupholstered to your liking. Won't be too expensive, it's just the top of the armrest.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

Places like overstock.com (and many others - do a web search for "memory foam" or "visco-elastic foam") sell memory foam like they use in the tempur-pedic beds You could get a mattress topper and cut it up, or just buy a pillow and use that as your source material. An upholstery shop should be able to do a nice job removing the old stuff, though the increased thickness will probable require a new outer cover.

Reply to
QX

Yeah, I was thinking maybe a gel pad from a computer mousepad wrist rest. Or trade the extended armrest back for a normal one - there are folks here that I'm sure would do that and cover the postage both ways.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan