Subaru Synthetic

Who makes Subaru Synthetic oil? Is it Valvoline or Mobil? Who? Thanks.

Reply to
marx404

check the label;

Idemitsu Lubricants USA

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Thanks, don't have access to the label, my old Saturn store went Subie and that's the synth oil they have there, was wondering, but if it's good enough for a STi, it's darn good for my saturn! Thanks.

Reply to
marx404

snipped-for-privacy@gn5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

Well, there are several very good synthetics without spending $$$$$ for Subie oil..

I have a WRX and an Outback. They get Walmart Synth (5-30) in winter and Shell Rotella T6 5-40 (available at Walmart) in summer. After a few more 10s of thousands miles, I may switch to the Shell year round.

If you want to read a lifetime's wort of info about motor oils, checkout

.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Been using the Walmart syn for over 80k miles in my outback. Use Pennzoil in the van as it uses 5w-20. I Know I can use 5w30 but the pennzoil is only a couple bucks more than walmart

snipped-for-privacy@gn5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Big Jim