Subaru VIP purchase... fact or fiction?

Has anyone bought a new Subie using the VIP purchase deal posted here...

justalurker .

Not exactly this program. But I did join the IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association) in the summer of 2008 just so I could participate in the Subaru VIP program (you have to wait at least 6 months after joining). The membership fee is $25 per year (I didn't renew this year).

We bought a new 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5 base model. We had no trade- in. We paid 2% less than dealer invoice. The dealer charged a small (

Reply to
David

I see this was my comment on a posting over a year ago. At time, VIP deal was 2% under invoice. Since then car sales have plummeted and I know someone that got a 2009 Forester at 3% under invoice without any VIP contact.

I mentioned this to contact at SOA and he said no one could beat his deal, so I have to assume that current VIP is even better.

Reply to
Frank