Subaru WRC

I was watching some rally racing on tv and noticed that the subaru rally car has a scoop on the roof by the windshield. What is the purpose of that scoop?

Reply to
MD

It is for ventilation into the cockpit.

Reply to
SuperPoo

The scoops on the roof are for both driver and navigator cool/fresh air (vent), as there is no AC in a rally race car. The other is a camera housing, to record and broadcast the "first person" view you see on tv as that car is running it's stage.

PS. What channel and when did see that race on tv? Rally coverage is very rare in my area............CC

Reply to
XPUser