Subaru WRX meets house

Make sure you get the throttle clip recall done:

Fuzzy Logic

buddy didn't have a clue did he? reach down, turn the motor off with the key. Problem goes away.

Reply to
Mike

We have one in our neighborhood that drives JUST LIKE THIS ASSWIPE! I am hoping his car looks worse when I run him off the road, it's just a matter of time. I doubt his WRX will stand up to a Ford truck, the plan is to swerve into his right rear when he blows past on the left and punch it. Lets see who wins THAT duel. By the way...the road is striped with TWO solid lines...means (in calif) DO NOT PASS hahahahahaha The most *I* will get out of this is a point against my perfectly clean record. At 45 years that wont hurt me a bit. I will be more than happy to total his car (and him) for one point, the truck is expendable.

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

There is a story like this on the news every other week, although usually it seems to be a bank or McDonalds that gets taken out. The instict is to grasp the wheel with both hands and try to drive it while standing on the brakes. My car only has 130 HP, and I can tell you with AWD brakes will not stop it if they are fighing the engine at WOT, I am somewhat used to throttles sticking since I drive with WOT in -20 temperatures quite often :). So you have to overcome your panic and stomp on the pedal, that will usually free it, if not then turn off the key, not so easy to do the first time it happens unexpectedly especially if you are heading into an intersection with about a second to react. I'm sure that car was going too fast in the first place judging by how far it went.

Reply to
Chris Phillipo

Was doing an alternator in an old pontiac one time, when I was backing out of the garage, and down the long dark gravel driveway, the pedal was stiff. I pushed it until it moved. Next thing you know, I'm flying down the driveway in reverse at top speed! Reach down, kill engine and stop. Turns out the throttle cable was pinched in a bracket..... the teeny spring wasn't enough to pull back what my big foot had done. hehe, the white knuckle express in reverse for a second or two. I didn't even consider trying to try and brake to a stop. Getting the motor shut off was most important!

Reply to
Mike