Full size Subaru

Is there ever a chance that Subaru will come out with a full-sized sedan? I love my Legacy, but I sometimes wish it had more headroom up front and more legroom in the rear. It would also be nice to have something bigger then a 4-cyl engine.

Reply to
kstahl

How about an AWD Ford 500?

Reply to
Freedom55

Doesn't the Outback have more headroom than the Legacy? And the 6-cyl has much more HP than the 4.

Reply to
John Rethorst

I'd lood at the ford feestyle. Looks bigger than the sub and has a 6 standard . Cheaper too.

Reply to
jabario

I don't think Subaru makes them.

Reply to
kstahl

The Outback is not a Sedan. It is more like a station wagon. No trunk.

Reply to
kstahl

05 Legacy GT. Turbo. Zoom and room.
Reply to
Alan

Whats wrong with a 4cyl Turbo engine???

More than enough power for most people

Reply to
Sponge

You are right, of course. Strong emphasis on "most".

Reply to
kstahl

Well, just wait until GM finishes f*&king up Saab and Subaru. Already you can buy a Saabaru Impreza 9-2X, as well as a Saabevy Trailblazer....so soon, you will probably be able to buy a Subarutiac Grand Am or some other abortion.

It won't be a good thing.

Reply to
Hallan Blaggit

My '02 Outback H6/VDC *is* a sedan. I walked out of a store last week to find two middle-aged women admiring it. It's a shame they didn't continue to make the sedan. I still get stares after 3 years. John

Reply to
John A. Mason

I would like a Subdeville.

Reply to
Alan

How many HP do YOU need?

Reply to
Cam Penner

That's right. I forgot about that version. I saw one in a showroom once. The outward appearance is like an Outback, but inside isn't it about the same dimensions as a Legacy.

Beyond that, though, when I think of a full-size sedan, I also think in terms of stylish touches. Not particularly leather seats or appointments, but perhaps things like more footroom, perhaps individual headphone outlets in the back, maybe more plush upholstery. I'd also want the front seat to effectively be a bench seat with no center console. To me that OB sedan just looked clunky even though I'm sure it is actually pretty nice to drive.

Reply to
kstahl

At least more then my Legacy has.

I remember my 1967 Chevrolet Carprice with an 8cyl-327cid engine w/4bl carb. When I put my foot down on the gas pedal and the other two barrels of the carberator opened up, the engine said "Yes sir" and took off. It could pass almost anything except a gas station. I can't imagine what performance would be like with the same size engine and multi-port fuel injection and 32 valves and DOHC. It isn't as if I would use the power. It would just be nice to know it is there.

Reply to
kstahl

Look at what the STI does with a 2.5l 4 cylinder. There are more than a few ponies under the hood. Probably would make that Caprice look tame.

Having said that, if you want a battleship these days, you're stuck with a SUV. And you still can't pass gas stations...

Reply to
Cam Penner

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:27:15 GMT, kstahl wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

'67 Caprice with 4bbl 327: 275 HP. + RWD through skinny '60s tires. Curb weight: 3,250-3,940 lbs. MPG: dismal?

'05 Legacy GT: 250 HP. + AWD Curb weight 3,295 lbs. MPG: 33 mpg (imperial, highway)

0-60 (Car and Driver) 5.7sec

Nostalgia aint what it used to be. :)

Reply to
Juan Vado

Owned.... :-p

Reply to
Sponge

Note that the way they rate the HP is different now. The GT appears to have more.

David

I take it you haven't driven a 4cyl turbo Subaru lately?

Look here for Subarus:

And here for Caprices:

More Subarus here:

If you want to play too, a friend of mine is selling this beast:
Sorry, I don't do tiny URLs.

Reply to
David