Sun visor for 85 Subaru?

The sun visor for my 1895 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon broke, and Subaru no longer carries replacements. Does anyone know where I can find one? The car is gray with blue interior, but I would rather have wrong color than no visor.

Reply to
Guy Macon

The right sun visor for my 1895 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon broke, and Subaru no longer carries replacements. Does anyone know where I can find one? The car is gray with blue interior, but I would rather have wrong color than no visor.

If someone finds one I will be glad to send $$ for you to buy it and ship it to the OC.

Reply to
Guy Macon

I've got an '84 with the blue interior, the interiors should all be the same from '81-85. I'll go check to see if the visor is still on it, and if it is you can have it for shipping costs.

Drop me an email to my address below so I can have a reminder. It will be Monday or Tuesday before I can get to where the car is.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

Thanks! help much appreciated.

Email to address below bounced. Will resend.

I can be reached at guymac>

Reply to
Guy Macon

Wow! Vintage 4sure ;-)

Is it broken, or just "floppy"? I usually put a sheetmetal screw thru the metal clip thingie that provides friction between the visor and the rod it hangs from to cure the floppy problem; some folks use bits of self-stick velcro tape between the visor and head liner. If you have a broken mount, tho, you'll need to find another. Alas, I just tossed a set of these a couple weeks ago while cleaning out the garage. I'll look and see if I have anything else that might work, but I'm not hopeful. Try a local scrap-yard, or a post on the Ultimate Subaru Message Board, . Finally, I think you can swap 'em left to right if necessary to at least have one on the drivers side.

ByeBye! S.

Just starting to get broken in...

It is entirely busted. The plastic inside disintigrated.

BTW, a small hose clamp works great to fix loose visors.

AAAARGHH!

It's the passenger side that went bad, but I think I can make either kind work. Will try the Ultimate Subaru Message Board.

Reply to
Guy Macon