97 Wrangler TJ Need Sun Visor Mounts?

We just got a TJ and I'm looking for the "main" mounting mechanism (not the little clip that the loose end clips into). The one on the driver's side is broken and half is missing - won't hold the visor. (as you sit in the driver's seat, it's the mounting that is on the left side of the driver's visor, if that helps at all :-) I have the visor and the clip that holds the moving end of the visor, but it won't hang up there :-( I've looked all over jeep parts sites and can't seem to find it, nor even what it is truly called. Maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing. I can find visors for sale (that don't look like they include this part) and I can find the clips that they snap in and out of, but not the main mounting. Anyone who could help me, either find out a part number, the name of the part of where I might find one, I'd be forever grateful. I know you old jeepers know all this stuff...please help? Thanks so much in advance!

jeepers_kreepers

Reply to
jeepers kreepers!

Old Jeepers don't know this stuff. They rip the broken sunvisor off the windshield frame, and turn the baseball hat around so it faces forward. What you have to do, is go to the Jeep dealer, and ask to see the exploded parts diagram, that shows which part is which. This is going to have "real" name, of what you want. On "most" vehicles, it would be part of the sun visor assembly, but I don't know for sure about the TJ.

This part might work for a temporary fix.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

ROFLOL.........hey, I like this group! :-) You're a hoot! Yes, no doubt I'm probably going to have to find an exploded diagram to find out the part number or what it's called. thank you for the hat link ROFLOL

jeepers kreepers! :-))

Reply to
jeepers kreepers!

Reply to