SVX headlights

I find my headlights very poor when in low beam. Any suggestions how to replace factory bulbs, so as to get more potent low beam ?

Many thanks,

Guy

Reply to
Guy Pfeffermann

There are many suggestions on how to do this.

You can put higher wattage bulbs - but it has been suggested that the extra heat may not be good for the plastic headlights. Some people claim that "rice-boy" blue or white bulbs are better. YMMV.

Some owners have put fatter wires from the alternator to the battery (the infamous "alternator wiring mod"). I tried it and could detect no difference, either visually or with a voltmeter.

If your lenses are cloudly, you can clean them with metal polish.

A few people have replaced their lights with HIDs.

See

for information. Phil and Belha. B3LHA

Reply to
Phil Skuse & Belha A. Haria

Reply to
tcassette

Those 'rice boy' blues or fake HID looking bulbs are worthless IMHO. Blue is one the worst colors to improve your vision at night. You could spend $5000.00 (absurd price intended) and get a set of PIAA's but then 99% of your money is paying for a name. I talked with an lighting engineer who explained everything you would ever want to know about how a bulb works. He basically said that in his vehicles he uses Osram/Philips bulbs.

Also, he pointed out that the reflector housing of headlight has just as much affect on light output quality as the does the bulb. You'll want to make sure that your lense is also clean and clear.

Reply to
null

Try those lights

i put them in my SVX and they help a lot, but if your is like mine, probably your plastic cover have some scratch and have change of color.

look at

for new platic cover and you will see a big diferance.

Reply to
Richard Paquette

Reply to
Guy Pfeffermann