Tail lights and fog lights do not turn off

I have a 1998 Legacy. My rear tail lights and front fog lights do not turn off when even after I turn the car off and remove the key from the ignition. Does anyone have any ideas as to the possible causes and solutions or how I may test for them.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Rosell

So, how's the interior look afer the cleaning?

;^)

Just guessing you hit the switch on top of the steering column.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Usually it's the front/rear parking lights, not the fog lights. Try "parking lights" switch on top of the steering column.

Cheers,

Reply to
Paul Pluzhnikov

My '93 Legacy wagon had a switch on top of the steering column that puts these lights on and leaves them on until the switch is turned off.

Curious, do new Subaru's allow you to turn > I have a 1998 Legacy. My rear tail lights and front fog lights do not turn

Reply to
George

Yeah I think the idea is that you can turn it on in bad weather (snow for instance) and you can still see your car.

I drove my subaru around pulling the fuse in and out for about 3 weeks before a auto electritian spent an hour himself before realising there was a switch. Still charged me $30 too!

Reply to
tiger