Tire size question for '04 XT

I really don't like the stock Yoko Geo's on '04 XT (low grip, to much flex in corners and not very grippy when braking). Any suggestions what to upgrade to? I live in Denver so winter driving is a must. Also what about going to a larger tire? What are the sizes that the XT can handle. Thanks

Java Black '04 XT 5spd

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

I just took delivery of my XT yesterday and have the same observations about the tires. I do not need REAL winter tires, so I thought I'd pull the original wheels and tires for winter use and upgrade to some 235- 50 17s with a bit wider wheel. There seems to be plenty of room for a slightly wider tire and this size is nearly the same diameter as the originals so the speedo will not be affected.

Reply to
Brian

you want a narrower snow tire not wider. more pressure per square inch

Reply to
Fluge

Reply to
Edward Hayes