Tom-Tom display To Show Houses and/or House Numbers: Possible ?

Hi,

Have a new Outback, 2019, the Limited ed.

Love the Tom-Tom navigation system on it.

Question: Is there any way to have the Tom Tom gps display show:

a. Houses ? (houses on a street view)

b. Or at least street house numbers ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert Rose

Seems as unlikely as the concept of an honest politician. Number one would call for a massive amount of data to be stored; any smart phone can do it but it has the advantage of huge databases stored in the cloud. Number two would be slightly more possible but I know of no way to do it with the in-car system.. That said, if you want to go to a particular street number the OB nav does a good job of getting you there if you specify the number. What else would be needed?

If nothing there helps I believe that you can simply tell the head unit to connect to your phone and let it do the job.

Reply to
John McGaw

About 15 years ago I got my first GPS, a Garmin. When not following a route it showed the street numbers of houses as we passed by. As I recall, these were reaonably accurate to the nearest century, but it didn't have the exact numbers and just interpolated.

My current Garmin does not show street numbers.

Reply to
John Varela