Tranny Service 2004 OBW

What is the consensus on changing trans fluid every 30K in this vehicle? Manual says necessary if towing, hot weather etc. but I do none of that regularly. Will it do more harm than good? The manual alsosays filter is lifetime. How can that be? Thanks

Reply to
busterb

Edward Hayes

I just did my '01 OBW. Drained & refilled the tranny, replaced the filter ($30+ - Subaru only), drove it then drained & refilled the tranny again. A lot of fluid is in the torque converter, hence the double-draining.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to