Transmission question

I have a 1992 Sub Legacy Auto with 190k kms that runs very well but the transmission shifts 1st to 2nd but not 2nd to 3rd. Reverse is fine and no noise, grinding or slipping. There is no modulaor valve on this model so if some has a answer that won't mean a rebuild or replacement pls let me know.

Thx Ed

Reply to
coachk11

Don.& Norma Hawksworth

Hi Don and Ole Factory Just got back from vacation and saw your posts. Answers to the post are as follows

1- yes my legacy has the Hold utton below the main button on ther shifter. 2- the button clicks in and out so therefore I assum that its not be accidently knocked to on. 3- the Legacy is a 2wd not AWD so I'm not sure that the symptons would be the same as Ole Factory mentioned? I will check the linkage that relates to the button. I assume that its under the car?

Again folks thanks, Ed

Reply to
coachk11