transmission used vs new

I have rt. hand drive 97 legacy mail car with 120,000 hard miles. Tranny went in july and was replaced with a used one. It started leaking this week and now they have to put in another tranny because the collar got twisted or something.

My questions are:

How important is the mileage of the tranny they are putting in?

Would it be wiser to purchase a "new" transmission from Subaru?

I don't believe rebuilt is an option they are honoring the guarantee.

Thanks for the input.

Reply to
hvrty

If you are going to keep the car I would go for a Jaspers Transmission. 3 year 36000 mile warranty. It will cost extra, but you know its good

Bob

Reply to
Bob D