turning motor over

How can I turn over an 07' 2.5i 5M motor and not have it fire up? Can I pull the connectors on the coil, or will that mess something up? Don't want to pull the plug wires, and looks like it would be hard to turn the motor with the accessory belts, taking up the slack in them. Wondering if I could throw off the cam or crank timing buy doing something?

VF

Reply to
houndman

Umm... why would you want to do that?

Reply to
JD

Because he most likely does not want the car anymore & trying to claim lemon law

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Remove the ignition relay, use a socket on the crankshaft bolt, remove ignition fuse, etc etc

snipped-for-privacy@ph> How can I turn over an 07' 2.5i 5M motor and not have it fire up? Can

Reply to
AS

Likely at least 5 or 10 ways to do it. Unplug the fuel pump (at the pump, at the relay, or at the fuse). Disconnect the fuel line or block it. Ground the ignition wires disconnected from all spark plugs. Disconnect the ignition module. Disconnect the ECU. Remove the ECU fuse. Renove the ignition fuse. Disconnect the coil primary wires. Connect a starter button to the starter terminals and leave the ignition turned off. Crank it over with a wrench on the main pulley bolt with the key turned off.

Short of trying to turn it over by one camshaft bolt it would be pretty hard to damage the engine or knock any timing off by doing this.

I guess that's 12 ways.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

That's it.... So how do I make it a lemon? Paint it yellow with the name Starkist on it. No, that's the tuna Co. Sunkist grows the fruit. Have to get the font right.

Reply to
houndman

thanks for the help guys..

VF

Reply to
houndman

Most common way is to unplug the coil pack. You may have separate coils for each cylinder, in which case it's probably easier to pull the ignition fuse. Neither method should upset the ECU.

Do not disconnect the plug wires as this can damage the coil.

ByeBye! S.

Unless you ground them.

** Posted from
**