Subaru buyback offer good deal?

Once a year I receive a letter from subaru (or a subaru dealer) saying they would buy back my old subaru at such and such price, or a guaranteed trade in value. Some letter said they desperately need a used car like mine.

Does it really work?

Reply to
peter

On Fri, 30 May 2008 15:23:22 GMT, against all advice, something compelled "peter" , to say:

Only if you do your research. Read this whole site:

and then decide if your dealer isoffering you a good deal.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Used Subarus in good condition are in short supply, as I found out when I was in the market a year ago. However, offers to buy yours may not be worth it. For one, they may not offer anything like the actual value of the car -- *always* check prices in your area for similar vehicles before bothering to respond to such an offer. For two, why would you sell a perfectly good car you like?

If you already wanted a newer model, and the trade-in offer on your car is good and from a dealer that stocks the newer models you want, you might be able to negotiate a good deal. Otherwise, I suspect you'd be better off ignoring offers like this if you own a used Subaru in good condition.

Reply to
Catherine Jefferson

My dealer makes most of his profit selling used Subaru's vs new. That tells you something.

Reply to
Frank

It's a come-on.

Reply to
Valued Corporate #120,345 Empl

I bought several Subarus new, so have been getting these for a while. Did go in once just to see how good their offer was. Turned out to be about $1800 (15%) less than what I was able to get for the car for in a private sale. Yeah, it's a come on. On the other hand, if they've still got a new yellow Baja on the lot that they can't move, who knows.

Reply to
suburboturbo