U.S. vital to Subaru's plan

iwhtcimtlfmwmaomopw

Diesel? West coast? I nearly choked. Not a single word on improving the vehicle dynamics and pleasing the hedonistic California men in their 30s and 40s cornered by the swamp monkeys. They should switch to mushrooms from LSD and I don't mean the stuff they stuff in the back of WRX and Outback.

I see a beemer looming in my future. Btw FHS knows that SH-AWD is about to trickle into TSX, don't they? Then TL will likely follow. Then Acura might decide to take a chop at the wagon trim some day. Slowly, slowly, slowly. I'm not sure if Honda is sharpening its multipurpose axe for the FHI or VW/Audi/Porsche benefit, but I can already smell some blood of the upcoming slaughter.

Of course you can say that there were many attempts to make a usable awd before and with an exception of Torsen and assorded subaru systems they all sucked (Haldex comes to mind with a recent demo reposted recently here). Lets wait and see.

Reply to
isquat

BMW is also bringing diesels into North America, starting next year.

That's about all I could figure out from your post above. However, I'm not sure what you're talking about in regards to 30/40-year old hedonistic California guys, swamp monkeys, LSD mushrooms, etc.

Just about all of the Japanese high-end divisions already have at least one AWD model, Acura, Lexus, & Infiniti. Not just in their SUVs but also in their sporty models. If Acura makes all of their vehicles AWD like Subaru or Audi, then you could say they're gunning for that market. I don't see them ever doing that.

What's not usable about other brands' AWD systems?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Beemers suck.

then again :

if your attempting to put intelligence into words for something simply strong worth a couple of decades... thier new stuff doesn't cut it, I agree. that new v8 diesel by cummins proven into the 20's mpg by 2010.. hmmmm. If I am going to have 5 main bearings I am going to have 500 ft lbs worth while. Other than hardly a comparison, we are all stuck with the shrinking minds of --- asexual.Forced to drive whatever dainty giddy smiling think that keeps the auto world moving. Sure as hell isn't a man. ho hum.

Reply to
bgd

Fair enough. I had a coffee high too. Pulled the post. But I didn't test any AI programs on the fellow usenet lurkers.

Reply to
isquat

That ain't gonna' work.

Reply to
B A R R Y

One area where Soobie royal screwed the pooch was in abandoning FWD in favor of all models/AWD.

Perhaps they decided that it wasn't worth it to compete in the true economy segment where profit margins may be much tighter.

You still have to wonder where they'd be if Impreza and Legacy 4x2/FWD models (with a manual tranny) were still offered in the current era of high fuel prices.

I think there would've been a place for those models........

Reply to
S.Lewis

You're replacing your Subaru car with a BMW motorcycle?

Or did you mean bimmer, a BMW car?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

They should bring over the R1 or R2 , rename them 'The Fuji' - along with a fun ad campaign.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

?
Reply to
David

There is a distinction, yes.

Reply to
S.Lewis

I find it puzzling that it's so noteworthy.

Reply to
David

I've always thought it was pretentious, but then I can afford neither which probably explains my perception.

Reply to
S.Lewis

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. A Bimmer is a BMW car.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Smart. Good for you. No, there is no beemer in my future despite the honda efforts to reeduficate it's customers by forcing LBS down their throats. Got A/C and an enclosed cocpit?

Reply to
isquat