Unwanted STi features

Could one just bolt on the exhaust from WRX to quiet down STi pipe or that won't work?

Reply to
Torque Envy

you've got to be kidding! in find the exhaust rather quiet. to each his own. my guess it the wrx exhaust would be a bolt-on. i'll bet you can find a wrx owner willing to swap. you'll loose hp and he/she will be happy to gain a few.

"all sti all the time"

Reply to
4MLA1FN

You might, but there's been reports that it's a fatal attraction for cops.

Reply to
Torque Envy

yep, i've heard that too. i've gotten good long stares from cops; nothing yet. btw, can they even ticket you for a *stock* muffler?? i haven't heard of anyone, who's been pulled over for the exhaust, actually getting a ticket. (and shouldn't they be off stopping crime or something people actually care about? sheesh...)

"all sti all the time"

Reply to
4MLA1FN

And the hood scoop and rear wing aren't ?

Reply to
Ian Firth

your handle suits you. if you don't want your balls then bugger off and find a nice quiet rail track to lie down on.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

i never got pulled over with my muffler completely disconnected. yeah, it was still hanging on the car, but there wasn't any exhaust going through it!

seriously, if you drive around like speedracer all the time, expect to get your balls busted. so far, i haven't even gotten a double take... and right now, i've got a catless exhaust, magnaflow straight-through muffler (not the quietest!), a turboxs RFL blow off valve, and a sticker on the back of my car that says "you just got beat by a wagon :P" needless to say, it's not the most subtle car..

believe it or not, i think most cops look for violations that they can actually write tickets for.

jm2c ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

Heh, I'd love to have a sticker like that, only I'd want mine to say "My 4 door just beat your 8 cylinders"

Reply to
WRXtreme

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ride.ri.net says...> i never got pulled over with my muffler completely disconnected.

LoL...I don't think you would any way, but don't make a habit of it.

Bwah-hahahah!! That *is* a good one.

Depending on how the state code puts it, "excessively loud exhaust", or "modified exhaust (causing excessive noise output)" is a violation that cops can cite...

The probability of being pulled over *solely* for loud exhaust will largely (generally [1]) depend on the wording of the "elements of the crime" in your state code. Somewhat similar to "loud music" or window tint statutes; some require a specific device, eg tint-meter, to issue a cite (which may or may not be available, working, etc) while others are more liberal--like, "music is audible more than 50' from vehicle"...

The probability of *earning* a cite for exhaust, tint, and other "discretionary" violations will skyrocket if you get pulled for something else, and make a sustained and deliberate effort to p-o the cop.

I'm kind of tired right now...hope that made some sense, lol.

Steve [1] Additionally, if an agency has been getting complaints from residents, bigwigs, etc, about "those damn noisy car exhausts", then things that drew no notice can mean a stop...another reason to be considerate of your neighbors, hint-hint.

Reply to
CompUser