Upgrade speakers in 98 forester?

I have a 98 forester that came with the bare minimum in audio system. I finally (after 10 years of owning it) put in a cd player/iPod hookup to replace the cassette player.

I am thinking now about upgrading the speaker themselves.

at

see the window-tweeters are $20, which seems cheap enough to botherwith - I am wondering, though, about the $30 "upgrade speaker kit."Will that actually do anything beyond the stock speakers (given thatmost of the music I listen to is slightly scratchy remasters of vinylfrom the *very* early days of country music.) Thanks for any thoughts,

Adam

Reply to
Juneappal

Given the music you listen too and the age of the vehicle, spending a little more to just replace/upgrade the door/other speakers might be a lot better. you could take a look at

for some ideas.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan