Installing a new MP3 Player in a 98 Camry CE.

Hey. We just got a nice Pioneer CD/MP3 Player for my wife's 98, 4-cyl Camry. They told us at the store to change the factory speakers too because they will get blown by the new deck. The car came with an AM/FM Cassette deck and 4 speakers. We have no intention of cranking the volume high at any time. We are not teens nor head-bangers. Just want to listen some classical and folk music on a moderate volume level. I don't see the point of replacing all factory speakers. Not sure of the capacity of the speakers in the 98 Camry but the new Pioneer deck has 4X50W power. Would you replace your speakers? What do y'all think?

Thanx

Reply to
Omega

I think they're just trying to sell you something that you don't need. I installed a Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 CD/MP3 player in my '98 LE last year and haven't blown out the stock speakers yet. I'm not a teen or a head- banger either but I do listen to Rock and Celtic tunes and have turned it up really loud with no problem whatsoever. My unit also outputs 4X50W peak power and sounds great, even when I do play it a bit too loud for my two teenagers ears. Also, you'll be amazed at the difference in sound quality compared to your old stock Toyota player - even when playing MP3's. Have fun.

NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

I'm sure you can get by with the OEM speakers - take one out and compare it to any Sony, Kenmore, Pioneer, etc aftermarket speaker and you'll be amazed at how cheaply constucted the OEM one is. I kept OEM head unit and replaced all the speakers with 3 way Sony ones and what a difference in sound quality.

Reply to
Wolfgang