Recommendations for 06 Forester M/T fluid for hot weather/hard driving.

I live in South Central Tennessee and down a mud/rock road. Its both hot as hell and the road is very hilly/rough, plus I do a lot of stop and go in town driving to make matters worse. I have an 06 Forester M/ T non-Turbo and was wondering if I'm getting enough protection out of my OEM fluid or if anyone has any words of warning as to what to not put in there.

Thx, Hannah C.

Reply to
Hannah Coffey

I dunno which fluid you are concerned about, but I would think tires are your biggest concern. Choosing the best type and maintaining them properly. And not slipping the clutch. ;^) Generally, sticking to the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual (mileage OR time, whicever comes fisrst - without being talked into any earlier/more intencse work by the dealership) should be OK.

maybe someone else can help here that has a similar driving situation.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan