What do ya think of this deal on an '05 Impreza?

I just left the dealer who made me this offer if I buy a 2005 Impreza 4-door Sedan.

Price of vehicle ---------- $ 19,015.00 (MSRP $ 20,326.00) Documentation fee ----- 125.00 Sales Tax ---------------- 1,148.40 Liscence & Title Trans -- 23.00

Total Price ---------------- $ 20,311.00

Trade-in ----------------- $ 3,000.00 (2000 Forrester with 170,000 Miles)

Balance ----------------- $ 17,311.40

I am thinking of only doing this deal if they come down another $1,000.00 or seeing if they can find me a 2004 model that has more rebates.

Thanks, David

Reply to
Dyhibb

What is this sales tax bit??? Don't have that in NH.

Anyway, you should consider looking for a 2004. In late June we got a Forester xs, (MSRP $23,145) for $20,500 delivered prior to any trade consideration. That included a price $550 under invoice and a $1,000 rebate at the time.

So our delivered price including the $1,000 rebate was $2,645 under MSRP.

Your deal excluding the sales tax and trade-in is $1,163 under MSRP. Looks like the price you were offered was at about the invoice price and of course there is no rebate on a 2005. You may not do too much better on a '05.

You should be able to get a '04 for under invoice and a rebate of as much as $1,500 depending on where you are.

Woody; 95FXDS

Reply to
Woody

Sounds like you drove this car a LOT. My 1998 Outback Sport has about 83,000 miles on it.

-- Catherine Hampton Home Page * The SpamBouncer *

(Please use this address for replies -- the address in my header is a spam trap.)

Reply to
Catherine Hampton

Thanks Woody. I might do that.

David

Reply to
Dyhibb

Yep, I do drive a lot. I wish I could get a relatively safe winter car with better mileage.

Thanks, David

Reply to
Dyhibb