Best Deal on an '05 Sienna????

I'm in the market for an '05 Sienna. I've got a '97 Tacoma 2x2 with 233,000 miles on it, in Kelly Blue Book "fair" condition( $2,300) but with the check engine light on. What's the best way to get the best deal on the Sienna? Internet, local dealership...? Would it be better to use the Tacoma for a trade-in or sell it privately (how does that check engine light factor in?). I'm in Orange County New York. Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Reply to
Mark S.

2x2? An all-wheel drive motorcycle?

Why not find out why the light is on? It may be a reasonable fix.

After that, SELL IT ON YOUR OWN.

A dealer is not going to show much interest in any vehicle with 233k on the clock, as it'll probably wholesale for $500. If they do, it simply means they've padded the price of the new car to compensate. Negotiate for ONE vehicle at a time, get a selling price for the new car, and check it against as many sources as you can, including other dealers. When all is done with the new car, then you can ask about a trade.

I've never traded a vehicle. Although it requires some effort, selling on your own can pay big dividends.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Why not? ;-P It's been done several times, most notably by Rokon.

Not cheap, not fast, not overly comfortable, butabout as unstoppable as a freight train. Your basic 2-wheel ATV.Google comes up with
I had a neighbor who owned two. They go places horses couldn't. -->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I've ridden an all whell drive bicycle.

Barry