what do people think of this?

I've always dreamed of shoehorning a 5.9 into an xj, but with this thing you wouldn't need too, almost xj tough looks with a killer motor, but how would it do on the trail?

Robert Brown

Well, if we leave the IFS issue out...I'd say probably not too hot. It's built for the street. How about a AEV Hemi in an Unlimited?

my02tj

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Robert Brown proclaimed:

This isn't new, the thing has been talked about for over a year, including the strategic positioning of the dual exhaust outlets to prevent someone installing an aftermarket tow setup unless they completely reroute the exhaust system as well.

Once magazine noted "if you love the Grand Cherokee, you are going to hate this". More info available here:

or directly to here:
or here:

Suspension is even lower than the already too low 2005 Grand. Too bad the rumors that DC were working on a ride height system similar to Rover, Porsche, etc. didn't make it into the thing.

It is a street rod truck, and a wickedly fast one, some folks love them. I personally have no problem with Jeep offering models for this crowd as well. Given the money, I'd take the Range Rover that can actually go offroad and is a better handler on pavement, if not as fast in a straight line.

An SRT version of the 4 door Wrangler would be of more interest, presuming the offroad capability is left alone.

Reply to
Lon