What would you get, until you had the money for an STI?

I really want an STI, but at the moment I just don't have the money. I will be buying a car soon, just something to get me around for a year or so, and I will budget $10,000 for it. What cars would you all consider? I am thinking 99 Honda Civic, just because I know it should be reliable and well built, and hold its value fairly well until I trade it in/sell it for an STI.

Thanks,

--Dan

Reply to
dg

null_pointer

Nissan 240sx with an SR20DET motor from japan. Very fun car, thinking about adding one to my collection in near future. You should be able to find a car like this that has the conversion done for around $9k or so. You may even decide to hold off on the STi for a bit longer when you get one of these......well maybe not.

Reply to
WRXtreme

I'm a pit partial to Mazda's, you should be able to pick up a 2000-2001 protoge for that much...and your insurance will be less since they don't get as stolen as much as civics, AND you'll have more power ;)

Reply to
Matzah bal

How about a 1980's Subaru GL? :) I bought my '95 Outback almost 3 years ago and it's hard to believe that I couldn't find a mid 90's Subaru in town at the time. Now they are everywhere, but back then I was close to buying an 80's Subie to get me by for up to a year since my crappy Ford was fading fast. Not only are the old ones unique, but they are relatively indestructable compared to other vehicles from that time period.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker