Where to have work in Alaska?

Hi I am about ready to take a long drive and my 96 Imp,outback wagon feels like the clutch is slipping. It has 78,000 on it . Any suggestion where in Anchorage to have it fixed?

I've been visiting family here this summer so I don't know what the story is.

What do you think it will cost and how long to wait?

Thanks Jon

Reply to
lifelists

I haven't used a Subaru dealer in Anchorage (I've always had my Isuzu Trooper up there), but I believe there is only one Subie dealer in Anchorage, anyway. I'd highly suggest going to a dealer, or at the very least a national chain like AAMCO (although I haven't had the best experiences with AAMCO), as you will want a warranty for the work that will be valid throughout the USA. It's worth spending a bit more to be certain that you will be backed-up wherever you are.

Anyways... if you only have 78,000 and it feels like your clutch is slipping, it's quite possibly just a simple adjustment of the clutch.

Don't be surprised to see some snow if you are driving "Outside" to the Lower 48 via the Alcan or the Cassiar.

Brian Wasson

Reply to
Brian Wasson

The Phone book Yellow pages lists no AK Subaru dealers. three independent service stations are listed AAA1 on Old Seward and Arctic Import Repair, Specialized Import Auto both on Int. Airport Rd.

Has anyone had work done at any of these businesses?

Thanks in advanced,

Jon

Reply to
lifelists

Go to AAA Subaru on Old Seward hwy and Tudor. They are Awesome!!! much better than the dealer and right down the road from the Subaru Dealer.

Reply to
mark strabel

master auto repair in wasilla,senior master subaru tech with 25 years experiance. 211 parks hwy....

Reply to
donald rarer

There's most certainly a dealer: Continental Subaru on Old Seward Hwy between Tudor and International.

Reply to
Brayton

AAA Subaru is a good shop in anchorage.

Reply to