MY04 Forester, Better tires?

A friend is testing new vehicles just now, including the Forester. Said he liked it, but found it "coarse" on the highway. I have a MY02 TS, he does not find it "coarse" at high speeds, so I thought it might be the tires that come on the Forester.

Any comments, or recommendations for other tires that would give a quieter, smoother highway ride would be appreciated. Maybe a touring tire?

Reply to
Larry Van Wormer

Make sure that the tire pressures are correct as many dealers do not reset from the 40-50 psi shipping values. eddie

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Thanks, I think you are likely right. He tried another Forester, and said it's fine, same tires, and was set up better in other respects. I suspect the first one had not yet been properly checked out by the dealer.

Larry Van Wormer

Edward Hayes wrote:

Reply to
Larry Van Wormer