WRX trunk space

I'm looking into possibly buying an 05 to 07 WRX sedan or wagon. I had wanted a wagon for utility, but I like the look of the sedan more. The real need for utility is to transport five gallon buckets. I often need to transport four of the five gallon buckets at a time. If this woudl fit in the back of a sedan, then it's a winner. I've got legacies, which have much more cargo area room, adn the forester/ impreza cargo area seemed small to me the last time I looked at one. The real question though is:Is it big enough for those buckets?

Anyone know?

Reply to
weelliott

Checking the cargo area of my 2005 Impreza WRX sedan, I find that I can easily fit four five-gallon buckets with lids. Five would fit a bit more tightly and I think I could even squeeze in six buckets with a little bit of manuevering.

Of course, the Forester has much more cargo space because the rear seat back can be folder down almost completely flat. I recently carried eight thirty-gallon bags of leaves to out community composting operation in my wife's 2007 Forester; that's 240 gallons of volums, or the equivalent of four fifty-five-gallon drums.

The Forester -- built, of course, on the same platform as the Impreza

-- has been a great workhorse for us making many trips to Home Depot (long boards and pipe go on the roof rack) and the local tree / landscape farm.

By the way, because the center section of the WRX's rar seat can be opened to the cargo area, I can carry eight-foot pieces of conduit, pipe, or light boards inside the WRX and still close the trunk lid.

I got the WRX sedan after owning four Legacy wagons over twenty years. I loved my wagons but I've never looked back; the WRX sedan is way fun!

Reply to
Ben Jammin

Thank you. And the search for a good one begins...

Reply to
weelliott