wrx my05 vs liberty GT vs wait for wrx my06

Hi all, Thinking of changing my aging commodore. Would love a spirited ride for a change, and so far considered current model wrx or liberty GT. Would like to keep the car for many years. Problem is, in 8-10 month wrx is about to be replaced by a new model, which is going to devalue the current model. However liberty GT is a new model which should preserve the resale for a while to come. So the ultimate choice is: current wrx or liberty Gt or wait for my06 wrx? What would you do? Anyone having major issues with liberty GT manual?

Any info or comments are much appreicated!

Cheers Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

No idea what a Liberty is, but can't imagine it is in any sense competitive with a Rex. Waiting for a new model year is not a good idea. Most cars get worse, not better. The Scooby - whilst still a great car - has been steadily devalued over the years. Like most cars, it has been getting fatter and softer to better suit the less discerning user.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

Reply to
Bryan Lee

Sorry, should have known that. Hot versions are pretty good by all accounts. It comes down to a matter of whether you need the bigger car or not.