WRX Turbo Upgrades

Who has a turbo upgrade on their WRX?

My girlfriends car has a VF34 on it, and we love it. Car made 305hp at

22psi on a Mustang Dyno.

------------------------------------ Mike Mangione

xblazinlv

More info about this subject than you could possibly absorb will be found at

.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Not a big fan of nasioc, the attitude and people there are horrible.

We don't really have any questions, I just wanted to know who has upgraded here and what you think of your upgrade.

Down the road I'd like to see her get a 16G or a GT30

------------------------------------ Mike Mangione

xblazinlv

There are a lot of 'curmudgeons' there and noobs are often scoffed at. A friendlier place is

. Still, doing some searching and reading at nasioc, and staying out of the off topic forum, is worthwhile. You could try a post like, "should we go to stage 2 or is a simple turbo upgrade an option?" and then just filter out the noise! lol!

I probably won't be doing big mods to my '06, first of next year I'll probably get springs and stainless braided brake lines - maybe a boost gauge, year after that speakers and head unit, then I MIGHT consider having my stock turbo ported - dunno.

maybe someone will chime in.

carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

She's already Stage 4, if you want to see some videos and pictures of her car check these threads:

BTW it's an automatic 4EAT :D

------------------------------------ Mike Mangione

xblazinlv

dunno why my Netscape can't open the links. I still think getting some feedback at nasioc is your best bet - maybe PM 'uncle scotty' or one of the other regulars. Or just read some searched threads. Be sure they know where you're starting from (stage 4) whatever.

isn't there a torque converter upgrade she could take advantage of? Is she running pump gas? willing to buy race gas? I dunno - but there are definitely turbo options. sorry I can't help.

I hope someone here responds - but seems likely her car is already at the 'tip of the spear'!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Also, try emailing Dale Teague at boxer4racing. I bought my exhaust from him and others have much respect for them. The website is not the best but here is a link to the turbos; http://64.71.53.59/turbo.htm#Turbo%20Upgrades Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Pnp'd the TD04 and exhaust/intake, for more torque down low. Bigger turbos are great for highend...I rarely find myself over 100 these days.

Reply to
CompUser