01 Pathfinder Manual Trans. Noise???

I would appreciate any advise on the following.

My 2001 Pathfinder (67K miles) has begun making a chattering noise about 2 seconds after I let out the clutch and just as I begin to depress the gas. The noise lasts for about 2 seconds and only chatters after shifting into gears 1-3. I can hear it only when the window is down.

Previously, I owned a 86 mazda B2000 which made the exact same chatter noise for about a year before I got rid of it. I would like to have an idea about what the sound may be before going to the Nissan service dept.

I have an extended warranty through Nissan which covers.....

"Transmission case(s) and all internal parts including the torque converter, vacuum modulator, electric control units, oil pan, oil cooler, transmission mounts, transfer case and all internal parts, transfer control unit, seals and gaskets, clutch master cylinder, operating cylinder and booster, and shiftlock system"

I do not trust the Nissan dealership service department because they seem to always "find" something that happens to not be covered under the service agreement.

Does anyone know what this sound could be? And is there any heads up as to what Nissan may B.S. me by telling me it is that is not covered.

Thanks!

Reply to
Big Mick