Pig snout modification for VW Beetle?

I'm thinking of buying a Beetle just so I can make it look like a giant pig.

I want to modify the hood to make it look like the snout, but I want it made of soft material, in case I hit a pedestrian, and also so I can make it wiggle or at least squeal when squeezed. I'm thinking of vinyl-coated foam, but how is this done, and who can do it? Also I want the foam to be fairly fire-resistant, in case an engine compartment fire breaks out (New Beetle, not classic).

Reply to
rantonrave

\

Hmmm...that car will look just fine alongside the three refrigerators and sofa on your porch.

Reply to
John S.

An absolutely great idea! It's _the_ big thing here in Houston. (Actually, there's really nothing else to do here... except eat.) Post a link to pics if you get it done. I've always wanted a car completely covered in curb feelers. Maybe something here will help:

« Paul »

i always get my nuts busted for driving my geo to work.....wanted to get a fake blower set up and put flames on it,too. can't seem to find a fake blower,though. good luck

Reply to
tom&kel

My dream car is one completely covered with 1-2 foot lengths of stainless steel flex hose. This stuff holds any position it's bent into, and could be "styled" in endless variations. =20 You'd need custom mounts to attach them to the car, and end caps to protect passers-by from the burrs. =20 Sample of one:

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

sheesh. the 60's return. can't you think of anything original? I saw an entire book of vw bugs exterior modifications. I liked the one with the bug covered entirely in grass, or the one covered in indoor/outdoor carpeting.

Reply to
AZ Nomad