'02 Pontiac Grand Am GT Engine Temp Rise when Idling

After driving with the engine warmed up to normal temp (around 200), when i get stuck in traffic or at stop lights my engine temp slowly
inches up to the 230-250+ range. I've had a new thermostat installed and had the coolant flushed, but it still does it. The only thing that seems to lower the temp (while stuck in traffic or idling) is turning on the heat full blast.
Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this? Probably an expensive fix....

Maybe your fan is not coming on. Maybe it just needs a couple drops of oil or the thermostatic switch is bad.
On the other hand, maybe you need a new engine. Could be.... --scott

On 15 Nov 2006 12:12:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You had all that done for what again?
Electric cooling fan for radiator not coming on, or rpm too low.
Lg

Check to see if your radiator fan is working.