160 MPG Volvo ReCharge car

How It Works section at Popular Science online

Tomorrow's Hybrid.I subscribe to snail mail Popular Science and snail mail Popular Mechanics magazines, been doing so for many, many years.Usually it takes those online magazines a few days to get their latest stuff online. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

One of my gripes about news features on new electric cars is that they frequently give the milage per full charge, but not the energy content per charge. So it is impossible to do a cost comparison with a gasoline or Diesel car. We need to know how many kilowatt hours (or Joules) per charge. If I know my electric rate (it appears each month on my electric bill) I can see how much a full charge costs me. I know what I pay for fuel (or play "what if" games) so can compare with a high gas milage gasoline car. But without knowing how much electricity a full charge represents, it is impossible to do the comparison.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

At BEST they will tell how long they take to charge... and you can assume that they charge off a 20A 120V feed... but that isn't always a good assumption.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey