1600 VW oil pump GPM flow?

Thinking of diverting the flow from the stock oil pump to run a small hydraulic motor then back to lubricate the engine. What kind of numbers am I dealing with? Thanks

Reply to
Chief McGee

I have no idea, but what is the application? I can't imagine there is enough spare power available from the oil pump, to power anything you couldn't drive much easier and simpler with a small electric motor.

Reply to
olsonm

Reply to
Chief McGee

Sounds good Chief, if your motor doesn't consume much power. I think the big problem will be in the drive to the VW pump. Is it configured to transmit that much flow/pressure? I would, however, return the oil to the sump; and not pass it on to the bearings.

Chas Hurst

Reply to
Chas Hurst