1984 toyota celica GTS won't stay running

it started out losing power during acceleration but when I gave it very little excelleration it would run ok but when I tried to give enough throttle to change gears it would bog down miss and surge. it has gotten progressively worse. I noticed a huge amout of corrosion in the coil so I replaced the coil and wire, spark plugs, and fuel filter like I say it keeps getting progressively worse it seems like every time I start it, the last time I started it it ran at a high RPM for a short time started missing and then died. I am at my wits end

Dan

Reply to
djacobson38

the part about it bogging down when you step on the gas sounds like a lack of fuel. Can you test the fuel pump pressure? Maybe it needs a new fuel pump or fuel filter. Try gas line antifreeze if you are in a cold climate and your gas does not have alcohol added.

Reply to
boxing