1990 Chevy 360 engine RV van.Engine

My big old 1978 Dodge van with 318 cubic inch engine, two barrel carburetor runs good because I know how to keep it running good.The more I think about buying a later model van with throttle body/fuel injection, some fancy things I don't know anything about working on,,, the more I think I better leave them alone.I apologize for being so snotty in one of previous post.I guess I thought I was looking for an easy answer, and I guess there isn't any. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I've worked on both and I can truly say that injection has never given me the problems that carburetors have. I heard it said many years ago that the worst fuel injection is still better than the best carburetor.

Ask yourself this: when did recip aircraft engines switch over to injection? Many, many years ago. Reason? More reliable and better metering of fuel.

If I were to start looking for a source of rough running on an 18 year old engine, I'd look for vacuum leaks first off. Rubber hoses have a tendency to break down with age and leak. But you knew that already, right oldtimer?

Reply to
chestand1116

Some, or most World War Two Aircraft had fuel injection,,,, I have always known that. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin