1990 ranger DPFE

I am trying to help my brother in law with his 1990 ranger. Its got the 2.3 8 plug motor. He is looking for the part number of the DPFE sensor. And what other vehicles and years of sensors would swap with it?

Also, before he got the truck, someone removed the plugged cat. (Hollowed it out i think). its been running kind of ratty in the cold weather. Since the O2 sensor would not heat up sufficiently without the cat, could it be staying in open loop mode and that the cause of reduced mileage and rough running? Its pre obdII so scan info is limited.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Try autozone.com

and the mustang does... tons of those out there

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic