1994 Caravan rack & pinion seal

Hello. My brothers 1994 Caravan is leaking power steering fluid out of the rubber boot on the end of the rack and pinion. Obviously the
seal inside is blown but my question is...How hard is it to change just that seal as opposed to pulling and replacing the entire rack and pinion? Any input or links to appropriate websites is appreciated as this thing is leaking badly. Thanks
On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:23:11 -0800, Programbo wrote:

If you don't mind spending hours you can get a rebuild kit, and be careful not to nick the seals! Or, get a rebuilt R&P and save hours!

You could spend those hours and still not get a good R&P.
The rebuilders may electroplate and polish the shaft to replace metal lost by wear. Not all rebuilts are quality units.