1995 civic turns over but won't start

Everyone I asked thought my car was running on three cylinders, so after replacing the spark plugs and the engine still running very rough and with low power, I decided to figure out which cylinder wasn't firing. I pulled out the plug wire furthest right, the engine sputtered and aaaaaalmost died, but came back with a violent shake, but running nonetheless. I plugged the wire back in, and the engine went back to how it had been when we thought it was running on 3. Confused, I took the same wire out again and this time the engine died. I plugged it back in, turned the car back on, felt the original 3 cylinder shake, and then took out the second plug wire, after which the car immediately died. I plugged it back in, went to start it and it turned over, but then just kept turning over and never starting, not so much as a sputter.

-Plugs are all sparking

-Injectors are getting power

-Engine smells of gas when trying to start

The cylinders are getting gas, and the plugs are sparking, so why can't I get the darn thing to start?

Reply to
fascion

"fascion" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Are you the same guy who posted a very similar message in three Honda groups?

Check your ignition timing. Such a thing can result from the timing belt having jumped.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

the timing is fine, the belt is tight, the distributor is on right, rotating it does nothing... i'm beginning to think it's something electrical... i checked the fuel pump relay, it's fine, but still no start

Reply to
fascion