1995 Corolla valve clearance?

Does anybody know what the valve clearances should be on a 95 Corolla

1.8 7A-FE engine? I have a manual (Haynes) that lists the intake valves at .006-.010 in. and exhaust at .001-.0014, but I think the exhaust numbers are a typo. Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I believe if you look under the hood at the emissions sticker, you'll see the specs for timing, idle RPM and int./exh. valve lash.

I'll look elsewhere though.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim H.

This is what I found online:

Intake: 0.006-0.010 in. (0.15-0.25mm) Exhaust:0.008-0.012 in. (0.20-0.30mm)

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

I forgot to mention that exhaust clearance is always more. As the exhaust valve gets hot, it expands and additional clearance is needed to compensate for the expansion of the exhaust valve. The intake valve has it easy with the nice cool air and fuel mixture.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang