1996 silverado 4x4 ball joints

I hear on the lowers for this truck being a 4x4 they are hard to replace. Can anyone inform me on this. Is it easier to just replace the entire lower control arm?

Reply to
stryped1

If memory serves....unless you have access to a ball joint press set, you'll need to pull the whole thing off anyway.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Yep, they are press fit. IF the rest of the suspension is still stock it would be better to replace the lowers on both sides . You get new joints and CA bushings. Good time to also go through the uppers as well. Then get it aligned to stop the common tire eating problems.

Reply to
Steve W.